Thursday, February 26, 2009




I am going to do Cyber Bullying for my wikipedia post. I feel that i can contribute to this page in many ways although it had alot of information on it already. I want to specifically do
How to Manage Cyber Bullying in your classroom

As of now, I have not seen much of anything for teachers and how to deal with this in your classroom. I know alot of children could have problems in or out of school with this and feel this post might help many teachers. i want to include lesson plans, role playing and how to deal with a cyber bully. I want to add onto the video sction for cyberbullies after i do extensive research.
I want my addition to posts to also have a shock value with children who have committed suicide because they have been cyber bullied. This is awful and people need to be educated about this issue so it can stop, especially parents and teachers to how they can look for signs before it is to late.
I know watching movies do help educate but for children i feel it is necessary for them to know this really happens, so for this i want true stories of children who have ended their life because of the pain people have put them in because of cyber bullying.
The refrences i want to use are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBiqUWRtMo- Ryans Story, father of a boy at age 13 who couldnt take the bullying anymore

3 comments:

Alison said...

It looks like you have a real clear idea on what you want to post on. As another future teacher, I would be interested in reading the Lesson Plans that you find on the web. Maybe look into bullying as a general topic, you might be able to find more hits that way? I'm not sure, it was just a suggestion.

woozie300 said...

As a mother of two teenagers and a future teacher, this topic is excellent. Maybe you can do the home-school connections and see if they help or hurt cyber bullying. Again this is a great topic.

Tiff said...

Wow i love your topic. It's very interesting and connects a whole lot with technology and education. By the way i love the image lol...and it looks like you know exactly what you are going to be working on. Good job!