Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blog 2

The particular interests that caught my eye were Smart Mobs and Friend Game

Friend Game

This reading I have a particular interest in because this "internet bullying" happens everyday without people relizing it. Bullys hide behind computers saying harsh things to other people that they cant say to the victims face. They even go as far to make up a person, in this case, a guy named Josh Evans who is cute and says nice things at first then it happens to be classmates terrorizing the victim on the other side of the computer. This reading caught my attention because this story ended in death. This is a tragic story that could be prevented but in todays society we have many options for this to continue. I am going into the teaching profession and know this could happen right in my classroom. Someone could be interet bullied and this could have an effect of the person in the class room. I feel that now I should have somet ype of mangement or lesson to let the kids know that if this is happening there is help. Although some kids feel this isnt a big ordeal or "they are just saying that", in some cases this is a big deal. IT ruins peoples self esteem and can lead people to do the wrong thing.



FlashMObs



The name in itself is just interesting isnt it? Hm.. Flashmobs. What could this be? I asked myself that when I hear the name and when i looked into it, Reingold was a pretty msart person. He made this book to let people know of the technologicies that will empower the people.I am excited to read more into this and learn more about this. It caught me eye though because it was like someone who could tell the future, like in Wikapedia it mentions Orwells 1984, where he can relate things from government to scoiety which is pretty cool and thats kinda what this guy is doing but with technology. Cant wait!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I connected to your post about the Internet Bullying reading. I too, am going into the teacher profession, and even though I will be certified in K-5, the fear that there might be an internet bully in my class, or school is also a thought that crosses my mind often. I haven't read this article, but I'm sure once I do, I will have a stronger connection to it.